Banner
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issue in Carrier Synchronization Program

Bookmark and Share    

Member ashwinrrao is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Issue in Carrier Synchronization Program

Hi,
    We are enabling the standard EBS to OTM integration between OTM 6.2 and EBS R12. We have performed all the setups in EBS and are trying to syn up carriers using the Carrier Synchronization program. The program errors out with the following error message

Failed to read wsdl file at: "http://ITGAPPS2:8001/soa-infra/services/default/WshSendRefDataStlToOtm/client?wsdl", caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException. : http://itgapps1.company.com: java.net.UnknownHostException: http://itgapps1.company.com

apps2 is our SOA server and apps1 is our OTM server.

The WSDL files are present at the soa-infra/services/default location and are visible from the SOA console. They are active. We tried shutting them down and restarting but same error appears.
    Also the error seems to point to an issue on the OTM side as the unknown host exception refers to the OTM server.

Has anyone faced a similar issue?

Regards,
    Ashwin

Thanks

Re: Issue in Carrier Synchronization Program

Conversely, if anyone has implemented this integration, can you let me know what Aq, DB and adapter settings you have used in SOA? As per the guide, it should be product name appended by adapter name. In my case the db adapter is named as wsh_ebsdbadapter. I am wondering whether it should be wsh_ebs or otm_ebs or something else.
    Regards,
    Ashwin

Member ayush1312 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrrao View Post
    Hi,
    We are enabling the standard EBS to OTM integration between OTM 6.2 and EBS R12. We have performed all the setups in EBS and are trying to syn up carriers using the Carrier Synchronization program. The program errors out with the following error message
    Failed to read wsdl file at: "http://ITGAPPS2:8001/soa-infra/servi...tm/client?wsdl", caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException. : http://itgapps1.company.com: java.net.UnknownHostException: http://itgapps1.company.com
    apps2 is our SOA server and apps1 is our OTM server.
    The WSDL files are present at the soa-infra/services/default location and are visible from the SOA console. They are active. We tried shutting them down and restarting but same error appears.
    Also the error seems to point to an issue on the OTM side as the unknown host exception refers to the OTM server.
    Has anyone faced a similar issue?
    Regards,
    Ashwin
    Hey Ashwin,
    You are missing some small but important set ups.Please check your profile values set in EBS for EBS-OTM Integration. Can you check the values set for
    OTM: Proxy Port - Should be empty
    OTM: Proxy Server - Should be empty
    OTM: Servlet URI - http://host: port/GC3/glog.webserver.servlet.umt.Login
    WSH: BPEL Webservice URI for OTM - http://host: port/soa-infra/services/default
    Also i will advice to use IP address instead of DNS in the host part of the URL as sometimes SOA, OTM and EBS are installed in seperate boxes and the DBA doesn't make the host entry for one server in the other two, so it fails to recognise the host.

Regards
    Ayush

Thanks

Hi Ayush,
    Thanks for the update. I have all the setups mentioned by you done. I have used IP addresses only. I feel it is something to do with the adapter settings as running a test from the SOA console also returns an error.
    Just one question: for the OTM Servlet URL, do you really need the GC3/glog.webserver.servlet.umt.Login part after the host and port names?
    Regards,
    Ashwin

Thanks

Yes Ashwin you have to give the complete URI. As far as the issue goes, if it is failing in the SOA console then please check the error in logs. If it says its related to the Adapter then please correct it.
    You need to check the JNDI that is used in the BPEL code and correspondingly find it in you SOA Admin Console under Deployments>>DB adapter>>Configuration>>Outbound Connection Pools . Please note the data source name used by that connection pool. After that match that data source name with the JNDI name in Services>> Data Sources. Then click the datasource against that JNDI and check the database connection details, this should be the database of the EBS instance which you are using. Also you can test it from the console if the datasource is working.

Regards
    Ayush

Thanks

Thanks Ayush! These pointers are extremely helpful. I will check these and see.
    Regards,
    Ashwin

Thanks

Here's what I found.
    in the Db adapter path, i found multiple connection pools. But i am interested in the shipping integration so looked at the wsh_ebs adapter.
    I see that in the properties tab, there is a datasource name -> jdbc/CustomerDbConnectionDS2
    In the general tab, there is a JNDI name -> eis/DB/wsh_EbsDbAdapter

When I go to Services -> Data Connections, I see a data source called CustomerDbConnectionDS2. So far so good.
    When I open this, the JNDI name says jdbc/CustomerDbConnectionDS2. This matches the datasource name (default setting) but not the JNDI name. Is that an issue? For some reason, testing the connection is disabled for me.

I hope I am making sense :-)

Regards,
    Ashwin

Thanks

Hey ashwin,

I believe you are new to Oracle SOA and so i will strongly recommend you to take help from somebody in your organization who has that background. Its very difficult from here without looking at your set ups to tell what is the issue? Moreover login with Admin privileges to have the complete control with you.
    Also please verify the DB URL inside your connection pool to check whether it is pointing to the correct EBS instance.

Thanks
    Ayush